In search of a solution to AMR, we have developed a truly novel antibiotic compound with next-generation performance characteristics — WT13-12. WT13-12 is compounded from three already FDA-approved ingredients, and is the first antibiotic to demonstrate an ability to circumvent resistance.
Some key advantages of WT13-12 include:
- 2,000 times greater potency than competing antibiotics
- Efficacy against multiple bacteria on the CDC’s Biggest Threats list (broad spectrum)
- Activity against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
- Novel mechanism of action (MoA)
- Unique “anti-resistance” properties
WT13-12 has established efficacy for a number of the most severe bacteria on the CDC’s Biggest Threats list. This includes (with CDC threat levels):
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) — Urgent
- Extended spectrum ?-lactamase producing Enterobacteriaceae (ESBLs) — Serious
- Multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa — Serious
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) — Serious
- Drug-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae — Serious
- Vancomycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (VRSA) — Concerning
- Drug-resistant Streptococcus (Groups A and B) — Concerning
- MCR-1 (E. coli)
- Plus many others…
This makes WT13-12 useful for a wide range of infectious diseases, including those that are mediated by both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
WT13-12 has been extensively tested in-vitro and in-vivo. In all cases, it has shown excellent safety, with no signs of toxicity, adverse reactions or skin irritation. Each ingredient is already FDA-approved for human consumption in higher quantities than found in WT13-12.
We are currently completing the development and testing of WT13-12, and will soon be entering clinical trials. Our team won’t rest until this new antibiotic is available to the many patients who desperately need it.